Layers And Shades

Layers And Shades
Layers And Shades

Thursday 11 April 2013

My first shot : COMMON MIME BUTTERFLY

 ‎February, ‎2013, ‏‎6:11:08 PM:
              The day was like any other day..Mom woke me up forcefully as I was (neither am) not a morning person...I had to go to my maths tution which was not far from my house and I would go by cycling ..jst as I left my house and covered not more than 25 feet outside the gate, an unbelievable sight caught my eyes and I  came down of my cycle..a beautiful (I was like OH MY GOD!!! where did this beautiful thing come from?!) butterfly was sitting on a flower,(in bengali we call it "nayantara") steadily. I being a photography junkie always carried my Canon PowerShot A3300 IS camera inside my bag, so I took out my camera, left my bag in the basket of my cycle and went on forward to take a shot...at first I took the shot from distance resulting a not-so-good-at-all macro like this..


I was amazed to see that the butterfly didn't move..I gathered some more courage and moved a little forward, the butterfly still didn't move.. so I started to take continuous shots like these...







These shots gave me much satisfaction as I didn't captures photos of butterflies before, I used to think that it was not my job to capture beautiful butterflies as they are too fragile, but with those shots of one of the most beautiful butterfly I got not only enough satisfaction bt also lot more confidence to shoot butterflies...So i can say it was my first step to the world of butterfly photography i.e. macro photography..The morning which was very boring just before shooting the butterfly, was now a fresh morning to me..I saw that even after taking so many shots of the butterfly, still it was in the same place not moving a little bit...as if it was there to give me my first shot, my one of the best shot ever....

My tutor Tapash Kumar Dutta, who is also a great photographer, I showed the photos taken by camera to him after the tution was over..He was also amazed and couldn't recall it's ID...I even showed the photos to my parents, who were not supportive iin my photography and they were also amazed..It was after I posted the photo on my Facebook profile, my favourite tutor Sumit Chakraborty, a master-clicker gave a beautiful comment along with the ID of this beautiful gift of nature--- "COMMON MIME BUTTERFLY"..

14 comments:

  1. Awesome Stories and superb frames...............Never give up photography. You have inner eyes and creative mind. Keep it up. All the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shreya you are doing some beautiful work, we are always with you carry on my dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u so mch abhibrata da.. :)it means gr8..

      Delete
  3. Beautiful butterfly! Great captures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an amazing blog - you 've got the lens, and even words.... what cam are you using ? Phew !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u so mch for the appreciation...actually i love to express and blogging is a perfect way to express your experiences..I don't use any gr8 cam, itz a Canon PowerShot A3300 IS, jst trying to capture better wid dis cam :)

      Delete
  5. Wow........... Great shots.............


    You may also find Kenfolios interesting......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb framing ....Good work ...keep it up....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its wonderful Shreya!! Uv got talent and taste..

    Cheers,
    Nabeela

    ReplyDelete
  8. itz my pleasure dat u liked my work..plz do visit again.. :)

    ReplyDelete